Moxie Max
He's home, and settling in nicely! I have to admit, I go from thinking, "OMGosh, he's the cutest, sweetest little thing" to "OMGosh, what was I thinking?" in about 2 seconds flat. He's a lot of work, getting him all settled into our home and routine, but he's beautiful and as sweet as he could be! We put him in his crate for bed (that was a feat) and he whined, so I plugged in a radio (thank God for my friend Jenifer with all the good dog advice!!). I went back to bed and he whined more, then whined loudly, then flat started barking. I yelled, "SHH!" and he miraculously laid down and went to sleep! And slept until the boys woke him up at 6:30, then went outside and peed! Oh praise the Lord. LOL He was jumping on the back door quite a lot, as well as biting it and scratching it and trying to open it with his mouth around the door handle, and (again per Jenifer's advice) I sprayed his face with a bottle of water & vinegar mix. He really did not like that, and after 4 or 5 times, he turned into a "real dog", running about the back yard. After about 5 minutes I let him in, and he's as happy as can be when he's with us. So there it is, he's becoming a part of our family very quickly!



2 Comments:
i want a dog of my own!!!!!!!!!! He's adorable!!!!
Ohhhh Moxie Max! I am so thankful you're in a loving home- please be good for my sister!
Post a Comment
<< Home