Emily Writes

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Diaper fiasco

I ordered two AI2s from Stork Savers on May 26, 2007. She was running a sale that was for 25% off, which made the normal price of $20 a much more reasonable $15 per diaper. Oops though, the sale posted on her website was old and expired, so she offered to do a third diaper for half-off. 3 diapers for $50 and free shipping. Not bad.

A little background: When Caris was a baby I ordered two dipes from SS and waited months and months for them. When they arrived, it was the wrong order. She had mailed my order to someone else and someone else's to me. Everyone makes mistakes so it wasn't that big a deal. Lynette and I traded the way-too-small diapers I was sent for something else, and Lynette used the SS dipes on Emma. Then she passed one of them back and I used it on Canaan and loved the fit.

Ok. So. Here is a picture of the diapers that finally came today. They look pretty nice from the outside, right? Things seem a little awry when you see all that color peeking out from the inside - I'm like, what is that? And why does the green one have solid tabs? I ordered frog tabs! The blue tabs with stars aren't quite what I ordered either - it was a blue with light blue lassos and white stars. But oh well, that's not so bad. I asked her to go ahead and choose the flannel for the inner, assuming she would just pick something that matched the tabs/solid outer.

Now I start opening up the diapers. I literally had to take a minute. I was so confused. I opened up the red outer/flag tabs and there's a colorful DragonTales inner?? The soaker is a burnt orange fleece on one side and DragonTales on the other, and there's this big rectangle of multi-striped, polka-dot flannel . . . (I later looked at my invoice and saw that she has each diaper listed with a contour soaker and a quad-fold soaker. I guess two pieces of flannel serged & folded up is the quad-fold soaker.) To say that this diaper is a visual mess is a major understatement.
Alright, let's calm down and open up the next one. This one is navy pul outer and navy blue tabs with white stars. Oh, look! The inside flannel is light blue with big fuzzy yellow chicks . . .?? The soaker is mustard yellow fleece on one side and stripes/polka dots on the other. Oh yeah, and the polka-dotted quad-fold soaker.
This one comes the closest to what I ordered. How cute this would have been with froggy tabs, but at least it has the froggy flannel inner. The quad-fold soaker is froggy too, yay! But wait, the contour soaker is a weird olive green that doesn't match anything and then that darn stripe/polka dot on the other side.
She included a set of wipes as an apology for taking so long . . .
OMGosh what do I do???

UPDATE: Here is Erin's response to the letter I wrote her detailing what I ordered and what I actually received:

I am sorry you are so unhappy with your order. If you have not used nor washed your diapers please send them back for a full refund plus the shipping cost.

I don't know what else you would like me to do. You told me to choose the inner flannels, you did not request something specific or say something red or blue, match the tabs, etc. I choose what I thought would match or coordinate with the outer PUL and be fun for a child.

I did not see the request for Froggy Tabs on the Paypal reciept. The green on the contoured soaker is the only green fleece I have. The primary green stripes has green in it and is fun and bright.

I e-mailed before to let you know that I might need to substitute the Navy Lassos and Stars because that fabric was a piece that might have been used for a set of napkins. I think the Light Blue Chicks coordinate well with the Navy PUL, the mustard yellow goes with the Chicks and the stripes again are fun, bight, and yellow in them.

I am sorry again that you did not like my choices, it's best to not assume something will happen if you don't request it. I cannot fulfill I request I do not know of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home